Our Board of Directors has approved a set of Bylaws changes that will be presented for approval during the August General Membership meeting. The members in attendance during the August 1 meeting will be asked to vote on the changes, which you can review here. (Or, you can copy this URL to the address bar of your browser.
There are changes to Articles III, IV, VII, VIII, and X. The reasons for making these changes are as follows.
- Allow the Board of Directors to set the date of the annual election - We would like to get away from having the election at the same time as the annual Christmas party in December.
- Allow online voting within specified guidelines - We would like for the Board to have the option of using online voting for elections. The changes do not require online voting, and do not specify a product to be used. They do specify characteristics that must be available in any product we use for online voting.
- Clear up some potentially confusing wording
The changes are lengthy and it will speed up the General Membership meeting if everyone reads the changes before attending the meeting. If you have questions, please email me or bring them up for discussion before the vote. We will allow time for discussion before calling for a vote.
Our Club needs volunteers to help with several important jobs. If you can spare some time, please get involved.
- Ken Glaser is looking for help with Programs and Promotions. If we could put together some small committees to help with these jobs, that would be ideal. Please contact Ken if you can help.
- We need help with Audio/Video equipment for monthly meetings. Roman Boszko has just resigned so he and Ewa can travel more, and John Ficarra has notified us that he and Kathy will also be traveling quite a bit. Please contact John if you can help out.
- We still need a Photographer for Club events, or a few people who are willing to share the duty. Please contact me if you could help us by taking pictures at club events.